Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Raetahi in Riff Raff Magazine

Not only is Riff Raff named after one of my favourite movie characters ever - it is the name of a wonderful little magazine.
Based in Hamilton, New Zealand Riff Raff is an magazine dedicated to celebrating the creative people and sharing their projects. Riff Raff provides a place for students and local Hamiltonians to share with the community their creative endeavours. The publication features a diverse range of contributors and draws attention to Hamilton’s artistic community.

Last year, I visited and posted on Harrow Kimchi about my visit to Raetahi. I really enjoyed revisiting the images I took, matching the images in pairs and telling a more considered story. I also included the comments that were featured in my blog, as I found each one extremely interesting - each commenter took something completely different away from the post and they have been left to tell the story to Riff Raff readers.

Here are some very low quality iPhone photos - cover illustration by Katie Rose.


PS. I hold a true love in my heart for Hamilton, as they are truly dedicated to the Rocky Horror Picture Show. One of my favourite websites in the world, is the 24 hour Riff Raff cam - where at any time, you can watch the activities around the Riff Raff statue on Hamilton's main street.

PPS. You can buy Riff Raff Magazine from ArtsPost.

No comments: