Friday, June 28, 2013

Meg's Makeover




So, one day - I got this adorable email from a lovely lady called Erika:

My best friend Meg's birthday is coming up, and I wanted to get her a mini photoshoot! Her partner has got her a makeover and day at the spa, but I also know he will be proposing to her that night at dinner.  Meg has also spent a year loosing 14kg! I want her to know how lovely she is, and capture her special day.  She doesn't need unlimited photos, just a mini session to remind her how beautiful she is. Anything you could do to make this birthday unforgettable would be MUCH appreciated.

I just thought this was the cutest story I had ever heard, and I just had to be involved. It actually took about 3 months to organise - Meg and Erika are ICU nurses - so organising the makeover, photo shoot and shift schedules took a wee bit of time.
 In that long meantime, Meg actually got engaged but a special dinner out was a good excuse for a vintage style makeover at Rita Sue in Point Chevalier AND an extra surprise...me!

I must say, Meg was a little bewildered at my unexpected arrival. But, the best thing we could do is head next door for a cocktail, chat like old friends and throughout I managed to put her in one of my coats (thanks Mrs. Moore) and sneak in a few portraits. 

Meg looks completely stunning!

Levon, Meg's proud fiance came to pick her up and we squeezed in a couple of shots of the extremely happy couple before they went home to change for their fancy night out.

What a lovely start to the weekend! Big thanks to Erika for the organising and to Meg and Levon for being wonderful models.

No comments: