Monday, October 1, 2012

1/10/12

I've set myself a challenge to not wear the same dress in the month of October. I'm not even sure whether I have 31 dresses, but it is likely. I'm still deciding whether I will have one day a week where I can wear pants or something - but hey, it's my challenge and I can make up the rules as I go along.

This one is a true beauty: a 1940's woollen swing dress flecked with gold. It has the classic 40's draping, military inspired shoulders with original buttons and belt. I purchased it very recently from Retro Sheila in Coolangatta on the Gold Coast.
I will miss wearing this for the rest of October - I thought it would be a good dress to start on as I'm hoping the spring weather will continue to warm up.

2 comments:

RJF said...

flecked gold material! lovely. I am vicariously taking this sartorial adventure with you, as I have.... 4 outfits. I can't wait to go back to not living out of 1 bag!

Jenna said...

Ooh I bet all of your lovely things are missing you Rach XX