Saturday, June 30, 2012

Bonnaroo Days 3 & 4

Oh gosh. I'm really getting behind.

Day 3: No showers needed.

Day 3 characters:


Santogold! Her dancers rule. I hope she comes to NZ.

(Mark)

The Roots!

Oh, and after The Roots, THE DANCING MERENGUE DOG PERFORMED!
                          

Waiting for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. We skulked around the back for these guys. Instrumental talent was well appreciated, vocal talent was not. Also, I was very disappointed that they didn't play my favourite RHCP song, Roller coaster of Love.

Alice Cooper rocked it. He came out of a spider.
Poison was amazing.
While he was playing I tried crocodile meat.

Day 4! Time to go home. We packed up the car in efficient time, ready to see some music and get to some showers.

Rhys Darby was huge at this festival. He was on the large screen PSA's between acts giving Kiwi advice about how to stay safe at a festival. We watched his act in the comedy tent and it was great! It also didn't rely on the ol' "I'm from NZ and it's really small" routine. Thumbs up.

You know how I said that it was impossible to find people after you lost them? Well, this is the moment we all fatefully found each other after being separated.
(Mark) 

Kurt Vile is awesome.

The Beach Boys were amazing. An hour and a half of pure hits to which I danced the whole time.
Kokomo was incredible.


Bon Iver was pretty good. I've never really listened to them before, but his voice totally reminds me of Hard for me to say I'm sorry by Chicago. Which is good.
(Mark)

The final trek to the car.
(Mark)
 


Bye Bonnaroo!

1 comment:

ok korea said...

I really like having you blog my photos. Also, my underwear-look.