Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Week of Things

This week I have had Chloe from Melbourne staying at my house. We've been to the Little Chief Christmas Party, watched Stu support Beirut with Tono and the Finance Company at the Powerstation and tonight we went to a David Sedaris reading at the Town Hall and ate at The Depot afterwards.

David Sedaris is one of my favourite authors to recommend at the bookstore, I love finding someone who has never read him before and sharing the Sedaris joy. I told him this when I met him this evening - he just smiled sweetly, we had a chat about the rise of independent bookstores, he told me he liked my necklace and gave me this:

1 comment:

Liz Willoughby-Martin said...

Ooo jealous! That is so rad. My favourite is listening to him read his own stories on This American Life.