Sunday, December 11, 2011
1) Find a bunch of old chairs - preferably free. The inorganic street collections are perfect for this, it may take a bit of slow drive bys on streets in wealthy Auckland neighborhoods but it will happen.
2) Sand, stain and varnish your chairs.
3) 6 months later, realise that you will never find the perfect ginormous piece of 50's floral upholstery fabric that will cover all six of your chairs.
4) Start buying pieces of mismatched prints.
5) Have a first Sunday off in a month and go crazy with a staple gun.
6) And Bob's ya uncle...for two chairs anyway - I'm off to ebay for more fabric.
Monday, December 5, 2011
Tono, Taart and I spent much of today looking for the perfect set of trees for Tono's new album cover. They had to be perfectly spaced and sized - ready for an extraordinary photo shoot full of many fun things. This was a difficult yet pleasant task.
Watch this space...!
Sunday, December 4, 2011
Sorry about the lack of posts lately - things have been busy, busy but in a great way. I've been learning about photoshop processes, business tax, album covers and time balance.
Today I had an afternoon off and went up North to hang out with Rose aka Frida for her birthday. It was lovely.
Also, my dear friend Jenna-Lee has just launched her new website. I went all through photography at art school with Jenna (yes, we were "the Jennas") and I am so stoked to see all of her amazing work in one place. You may also catch my face on there...!