Monday, August 15, 2011

snowhere to go

Sunday afternoon was a time for rugging up and a last visit to Mum and Maeve in hospital. Dunedin was scheduled for snow, my city is full of hills and gets very frosty and just a small amount causes a bit of chaos.



Even wee Maeve had to rug up in her hospital room as the whole city cooled down and amplified drafty nooks and crannies.


I was picked up from the hospital by a 4WD owning family member and delivered safely to Anderson's Bay.
By the late evening the ground was well covered. I went to bed with two duvets and a woollen blanket - BRRRR! Also, I was very unsure whether my flight to Auckland would leave in the morning.


I woke up to an inconveniently beautiful morning.


My flight was indeed cancelled. Luckily I found out before I got dressed (PJ day!) and I spent the day trying to knit my incredibly difficult socks, baking muffins and drinking wine with Nana.
Ooh and the most exciting part was that I got to be home for Mum and Maeve's homecoming.


Let's see if I make it back to Auckland tomorrow! I am feeling incredibly guilty at my neglect of my wonderful job - I hope they remember my face!

1 comment:

Andy Van Caroll said...

I would like to have a baby like the baby in the last photo, I would like to earn more money in my job in xl pharmacy and can have some children!