Thursday, June 2, 2011

three quarters done + books + animals

I don't think I will get this done before I leave for Korea unfortunately, though I am crocheting like mad!

I am also trying to get a few books read before I leave and that can bite into my crochet time.
We have started a new book club and we are reading "Cat's Cradle" by Kurt Vonnegut. We're going to the Popular Penguins because they are so cheap and awesome. I'm also trying to read "The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet" by David Mitchell - it is rad but slow going, I keep having to take breaks.

Another thing that is distracting me is our new fleet of kittens.

We very sadly said goodbye to Alvin (pictured above in new kitten bliss) last week, he has gone to an amazing new home. But meet our little grey girl Molly and Feargal Sharkey. And yes, Feargal is named after this amazing singer:

We also had to say goodbye to our amazing friends and egg machines, Rhubarb and Sasquatch. Our landlord is not keen on them - which is stupid and I can rant about it but I won't. He still doesn't know about our wee ones pictured above though. hehehe!

2 comments:

Lila said...

So inspirational! Also I was just thinking how great it would be if there was a bookclub for classic penguins. Makes such great sense. xx JEALOUS.

(I know, I could do it too, but I'd rather writhe with envy and do nothing).

Jenna said...

Lei,

You should start a Dunedin quarter Popular Penguin Book Club. Wouldn't that be awesome? You could have your meetings at Albar!