Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Feijoa Chutney

I'm in a bit of a feijoa conundrum at the moment. Stu and I are making some feijoa and apple cider - and I am in charge of the fruit. I put the call out and indeed, bags of feijoas were coming to my door. I juiced so many that I broke the juicer! So now I have two bags of feijoas that need to be dealt with immediately.

Luckily, I found this recipe for a spicy feijoa chutney. It has a kick, but is mightily delicious. I think you could almost eat it with anything but they are especially good with my friend Rachel's home made pita pockets.

Dissolve 2 teaspoons of brown sugar in the juice of 1 lime. Add:
8 freshly diced feijoas
1/2 cup of capsicum
1 diced clove of garlic
1 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp fresh coriander
2 tsp red onion

I used the coriander, lime and capsicum from the garden and the feijoas are from a combination of Tom and Kate's trees. Fabulous!

No comments: