Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rainbow's End

When you're a child from Dunedin, Auckland City seems so much bigger and more populated than what you would ever know. The pinnacle of "big city" in Auckland is the fact that they have an amusement park. When I first went to Rainbow's End, I was 11: the Gold Rush ride was newly open, the Log Boat drop was outrageous and the Rollercoaster was out of control. Fourteen years later we rocked on up to the giant rainbow entrance (which was looking a little derelict and rusty.)
Most of the rides were 10% anticipation, 90% disappointment.

The 3D experience was just weird.

The pirate ship had a nice swing feel, as usual.

I even went on the Big Drop (which I NEVER usually do) to get my rush. I don't need to go on it again...

But when you're running around an amusement park with a great group of friends, what can be lame about that? (Maybe that last sentence...)

2 comments:

Lila said...

Haha!! Hilarious. That big drop looks about as rusty as the one Tony and I went on in Bangkok on my birthday.

Urgh. Even remembering it makes my stomach lurch.

Jenna said...

They are so terrible! NEVER AGAIN!