Thursday, February 4, 2010

Plums

Stu and I had some of our nearest and dearest over for dinner and I used this as an excuse to use some of the excessive plums from my Mum's neighbours tree.

I made a sugary, buttery, vanilla mixture and cooked the plums half on each side, for 12 minutes. 


Then, I scooped the cooled mixture into muffin tins and covered each pudding with puff pastry, tucking it down the sides (one was pastry-less for gluten free Al.)


We tucked into our delicious lamb, paua, potatoes and beetroot & feta salad while the desserts cooked in the oven.

Once it's cooked, you flip the dessert over so the fruit is on the top. Covered in my and Rachel's first ever "from scratch" custard, they were delicious but maybe a bit too small!

Biddy dog watched the whole evening very carefully in case crumbs fell on the ground.

4 comments:

Anthony said...

hey wow, look!! it's all you awesome people!! :)

Jenna said...

It would of been so awesome if you could have been there!

Kayla said...

Oh my they look delicious! I wish I was there to try one^^

Lila said...

This is such an envy-inducing post Jenjen! The food... the people .... the adorable dog. Damn !