Friday, December 25, 2009

Upside down Xmas

Last year, my Christmas day was spent being sick in bed in Korea while it was absolutely freezing outside. 
Every Christmas I have had in Dunedin it has rained. This year, we had the national high of 32 degrees - people are going to be talking about this for the next 20 years - it was that exciting.

I spent the first part of the day at Stu's house. We woke up to stockings at the end of our bed from Santa and then we had an outdoor brunch.


Then, walked along the beach at Warrington...

...and stopped at Blueskin Bay, where Stu's parents are building a farm.

I then continued my own family's tradition of visiting the great grandparents...


...and I spent the afternoon playing on my parents' new Nintendo Wii. It is amazing.

Then, our friends debriefed our day over wine and candlelight on the roof of Olveston. (A heritage mansion that overlooks the city, where my friend Lei lives in the flat upstairs.)

No comments: