Thursday, December 10, 2009

DXMXVXF=H

I was asked to take pictures for a dance performance recently and I turned up with my camera not actually knowing what was going to happen except that some meat was going to be cooked and there were some fleshy costumes.

When I arrived to the None Gallery basement, I was so excited to come across these four lovely ladies awaiting the audience. What a great scene.


It's hard to fully immerse myself into a performance when I am concentrating on documentation and this one provided a beautiful scene, great mood lighting and stunning movements to capture. The fashion styling was ridiculously awesome and done by my lovely friend Kate.
The story explored all meaty beings (animals and humans) the same, through dance, music, video and performance. It's hard to post pictures to re-tell the story that was told and like most performances it's one of those "you had to be there" kind of things, but these are the pictures I like the most right now.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

looks amazing!

Jenna said...

It was very beautiful Kayla - I think you would have liked it a lot!