Sunday, November 29, 2009

A sunny Dunedin wedding

One of the main reasons I came home to New Zealand at this time was to play bridesmaid at Mum and Michael's wedding. Dunedin's weather is tentative to say at the least and we were nervous all week about it (especially with an outdoor service!) But the sun shone down all afternoon, I even got sunburnt. My photos are a bit sporadic as I had other duties to attend to - but here's what I got.

Here's Mum, Nana, Grandad and I in the car on the way to the wedding and trying holding back the tears - I didn't and never do very well in that department.



The wedding party, post service. Mum and I are look like twins, as per usual.


The married couple walking out by the Otago Habour. This bit was chilly!


This is my wee cousin Sam and his heartfelt message in the guestbook.



Aw and I'm so happy these guys could come!


And then the party started...the dancefloor played the usual family event classics: "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf and all other 80's goodness.



I was absolutely shattered and champagned out and was in bed - make-up, hair feathers, contacts and all by 12.30am.

2 comments:

kls said...

cousin sam must have been born with some strand of new zealand audacity ~ so funny! everyone looks to be having so much fun ^^

Jenna said...

Oh man, my cousin Sam is one of the nicest, smartest, coolest kids I have ever met!
It was a very fun day - the whole day felt like it went for an hour.