Sunday, August 9, 2009

Summer Sunday.

My friends in Korea are dropping like flies this month, finishing contracts and moving on to bigger and better things. The first one to go is my lovely Sarah, who lives across the hall from me and who I have seen every single day over the past ten months (minus vacations.)
What's a better way to spend her last Sunday in Seoul than biking and picnic-ing along the Hann River?
I don't think it was the hottest day I have had in my life, but this kind of heat is so muggy and relentless (unlike our dry Central Otago summers where it gets cooler at night) I was saturated in so much sweat that it was like I had been at the beach, I was that salty.
Nether the less, the Seoul skyline had never looked so beautiful.

Jade and I finally tried the awesome standing passenger bike technique. An onlooker told me to get off because "you die".


It was cold shower - kind of hot.


We hired some bikes and Andrew drew the short straw in taking me tandem so I could just sit on the back and take pictures.


On our slushy break, we spotted this adorable puppy in which after I took a picture of him, his owners brought him over to us.

I'm not really a dog person, but this wee guy was so cute I couldn't help but love him and actually, he is pretty much a cat.

His mum had taught him the most AMAZING tricks. It was hilarious.
HIGH FIVE!

Resting amongst the green...




And then we had to bike quickly back in the beautiful sunset to beat the rain.



Aw I love this picture. Goodbye hugs.

2 comments:

MissSunny said...

You make Korea seem so cool! :)

Sunny

Jenna said...

It IS cool Sunny! You need to come back and visit.^^