Friday, July 31, 2009

My New Scary Camera

So, when my little crappy point and shoot digital camera finally died I had to do the inevitable and what I had planned to do since I got here and buy a fancy DSLR.
How can I have a degree in photography and still not have a DSLR? I don't know. 
But anyway, by some amazing stroke of luck I found a fluent English speaking, Australian accented Korean who sold me a camera that is now sitting on my desk because I am too scared to touch it in case I break it. Maybe it's the feeling women have after giving birth to their new baby? Maybe.
I tell you what - I needed a stiff so-ci (soju and lemonade) after purchase - expect my photos on this blog are now going to be shiny and more profesh. ha!

4 comments:

Leilana said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!

Jenna said...

Fucken aye Lei! Now it's your turn?

Julia said...

whaddidya get?
I know that scary feeling ... and it is so pristine

Jenna said...

It's a Canon 450D. Nice and light, big screen, pretty good flash (will get a flash unit a bit later). Not as sneaky as my wee point and shoot, so I will have to get used to the feeling of a big camera again.
Wahoo!