Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Things the Koreans do that I can never do.

1. Put my used toilet paper in the rubbish bin provided rather than flush it.
Sometimes I think, OK today I am going to put my T.P. in the basket but I forget. Every. Time.
I guess a life time of flushing paper is ingrained in me.

2. Litter.
I was in the car with my Korean manager and we were eating ice-creams. He went to throw his wrapper out the window and I caught him, holding it, along with my own rubbish until we got back to school and near a rubbish bin. He said "Who cares? All Koreans litter. Throw it out the window, do it." I couldn't.
I am a tidy kiwi.^^

I will continue this later.

2 comments:

Sunny0mine said...

I could never do those things. I flush. Even when I wake up in the middle of the night...I flush. That's what I was trained to do. And I can't litter. I just can't! :)

Sunny

Jenna said...

I think one of the problems with the littering is that I have heard that they don't like the look of rubbish bins so there are not many around...BUT then of course people have nowhere to put their rubbish so they just chuck it on the ground. People just build on the piles that someone else started. It looks pretty gross by the end of it.