Thursday, June 4, 2009

another day in the life of my health in Korea.


Today I got up as per usual and started teaching my adult class. I was completely fine and then while I was speaking with some students I had this wave of dizziness come over me.
I went to sit down and felt like I was asleep for the longest time, I then woke up on the floor with a large group of Korean women freaking out over me and was sooo confused!
Of course, being in Korea, it was all a bit dramatic and they called the ambulance and I was stretchered out of the building and sirened down to the emergency room.
After many kinds of tests (including swiiine) and an I.V. full of vitamins I was sent home with no problems and recommended to eat some beef soup on the way home. The worst thing about the whole experience is that I had to have 2 needles - waaaa! I hate needles!

btw, The doctors were horrified that I only eat 2 pieces of toast in the morning (uh, probably the staple breakfast meal of an average NZer.) So I was told to eat more and sent home to rest.

I was so embarrassed the whole time because I knew I was fine but, oh well, at least I am tested and confirmed to be fine and I was pleasantly suprised at the amount of english going on at this hospital. (Unlike Gimpo Woori.) I just have a wee bruise on my forehead and hip from the fall and didn't have to teach so got to sleep lots!

4 comments:

gigi said...

Awwww, you are so cute! Bless.

Sunny0mine said...

I hope you're feeling all better! Take good care of yourself! I think we need to put some meat on your bones. ;)

Sunny

Jenna said...

Thanks for the love! I feel finesies! I also updated my blog with a picture ~ as you could see I was happy as a clam!

Sunny0mine said...

You do look pretty happy! :) But that could be the drugs... :P

Sunny