Friday, May 1, 2009

a bicycle built for two.

Friday off! yuss! 
Sarah and I went down to Hangang Park to hire some bikes and ride along the Hann River. Not only do they have bikes, rollerblades and skateboards - they had TANDEM bikes. So. much. fun.
You couldn't wipe the smile from my face as we joined many Koreans in biking along the track and around Yeoido Park for pineapple slushies.
I tried to capture the elderly roller bladers in full racing suits and young couples wearing couple shirts while tandem biking but do this while I was steering just meant many blurry pictures of the footpath. Sigh. 
Still, I managed to capture some cute families, ajummas, fishermen and general Koreans oot and aboot for Worker's Day.
We finished the afternoon by walking from Hangang Park and all the way across the big bridge into Hongdae and  of course it was all the more fun because it was Friday and we weren't working.

4 comments:

Sunny0mine said...

Looks like it was a great day! And your nails are adorable!

The place where you rode your bike...is it near the 63 Building? When I was in Korea, my cousin took me and my lil' sis to a big 'park' where people were riding rented bikes and rollerskating. It was so much fun!

And then my sis got into a bike collision with a rollerskater...she's not sure what happened... :)

Sunny

Jenna said...

Oh thank you ~ I am having a dotty nail craze. It's so awesome and I look way cooler to my girl students.

Yes! Yeoido is just down the road from 63 building. I actually just came back from there again! We went rollerblading - so fun, many near collisions. So many people.

Nice to hear from you!

Jenna

SK said...

haha awesome bikes!

all the rollerbladers around the park by my apt make me nostalgic. i want to reunite with rollerblades again!

Jenna said...

Rollerblading was a little shaky at first - I'm not really good with the brakes but I think you and rollerblades should definitely reunite :)