Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Korea humps

When my friend Kayla writes me an email in the middle of the week, she usually writes at the end "Hump day!" It is always written in a positive fashion and with the up most enthusiasm.
It took me a while to ask what "hump day" was and if it was a Canadian thing and she explained that it is like every weekday you are climbing a hill and on Wednesday it is hump day because you are on the hump of the hill and only have to go down (and she wasn't sure whether it was a Canadian thing or not.)
I love this explanation of the week and on hump day it is like you are being rewarded for all your hard work and you don't have long to go until the weekend.

Well guess what! This week is my Korea hump day! I have climbed up over six months to this hump through the coldest winter I have ever known and now all I have to do is cruise down through a Korean summer, into a New Zealand summer and then by December I will be living in a London winter.

P.S. I am going to London in 5 weeks to see Stu and together we are going to Portugal. Words can not explain how super excited I am. EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

No comments: