Tuesday, March 3, 2009

me speaky no engrishy.

The past few days have been full of placement tests for new students. Here is an example of a speaking test I had today:

How old are you?
I'm happy.

How is the weather?
I'm happy.

How are you feeling?
I like milk.

They are making a few changes to the way we are teaching so it is going to be interesting to see how it all works out. I have ALL low level classes - so no more dream English speaking students so it's going to be a bit more busy and probably a bit more crazy.
This semester all the students have to have an english name - which will make life so much more easier! Best name so far: Rudy (obviously a Cosby fan).
This is my third semester at G.E.C. (it goes oh so fast but oh so slow) so my teaching skills are slow rising (from non existent to existent).  My laid back lifestyle has not always worked in the classroom and the kids can see right through me after a while, I figure this semester I need to play less Big Bang and show a tough exterior. hmmmmm.

Also, after all my bragging of how warm it is and how it is spring - this was the weather today:

No comments: