Tuesday, February 24, 2009

an amazing story

Many of you would know my beautiful pearl cluster 21st ring. It is one of the most priceless, special things that I own. Often when I get drunk I stare at it and think of how much I love it, sometimes I even do this when I am sober.
It is the kind of thing that when I am not wearing it I can visually picture wherever it is. Usually this is on my bedside table, so it is the last thing I take off and the first thing I see in the morning.

On Monday, I realised I couldn't see it. I looked, I could not see, I quietly stressed.
I had worn it on Sunday - it was either in my room or in Seoul somewhere. Shit.
The more I looked for it in my room, the more I couldn't find it. oh god. I felt like a piece of me was missing!

I got my thinking cap on. I needed to figure out whether I wore it to the baby shower on Sunday night. I knew my co-worker had filmed me during a game at the baby shower and in the video I was wearing it! Man I should be on CSI!

I moved my bed, I moved my fridge. This ring was in my room SOMEWHERE!
After no luck, I got my rubbish bin (which was full, smelly and long overdue to be taken outside) put plastic bags on my hands and went through it. I was disheartened at finding nothing but banana skins and tissues, almost giving up but then! a glint caught my eye and there it was my precious ring nestled amongst some porridge.

I can't freaking believe that I found it. Thank god I am semi lazy and hadn't taken out my rubbish. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

No comments: