Monday, September 1, 2008

Korea Update

My friend Kirsty has a friend in Korea that offered to read over my contract so I sent it to him and he and his friend looked over it for me. This was so awesome because they instantly picked up on things that were missing and also told me things that it would be ok for me to ask for. Also, they just did it out of the kindness of their hearts. Lovely.

So I just sent a list of questions to Clara from ThinkOutside about these and also a few wee things I had been thinking about. It's really hard to retain all the information you are told over a phone call! Anyway, she sent back some answers pretty quickly and it seems pretty sweetso.
  • Apparently the school usually reimburses your ticket to Korea that you buy but if you tell them you don't have enough money they will buy it for you. I am going to try this. Once I work for 12 months I get an extra months pay and a ticket home. In short, I go there for freeeee.
  • I pay less than 3% tax. 
  • I will be teaching 7 - 13 year olds.
  • Teaching the following subjects - science, art, cooking, music, gym. Now you may laugh that I will teach science but yesterday I found a letter from my principal in 5th form congratulating me on getting top in a metal chemistry test (I don't remember this at all, but it's awesome) and I think I'm going to have to buy some sort of sneaker shoe thing but my Chuck's should be alright, right?
  • I really just need to get onto the Visa shiz now, I'm not really sure how it works but I must get one type of Visa here before I go and then when I arrive I go to Japan to get one. Either way I think I am going to Japan.
On other news - it's a good week because it's Brian Jonestown Massacre gig tomorrow! Which means it's my birthday! Which means I will start work in Korea in exactly 1 month. Holy!

No comments: