Saturday, August 9, 2008

Waiting for a phone call...

I don't know if this will lead to anything but I thought I would write about it anyway...
After submitting my C.V. all I do is wait for emails from World English Services where they send me details of jobs they think I'd like and that would suit my personality etc. this is pretty awesome because I don't really have to do anything. 
I have to admit the waiting around is making me a bit antsy - it's quite weird knowing that I am going to Korea but not having a plane ticket or even a job. (Not that I think I'll have any problems getting a job - I read on a forum that if you have a pulse and a degree you'll get a teaching job in Korea.)
Anyway, so finally I got an email about a job that is AMAZING! It is in a town on the main subway line into Seoul, 11 - 6pm (which are definitely my type of hours), 2.1 million won (about $2,800 per month), government run (less dodgy than a private owned hagwon)  but with only 12 students! this is crazy awesome!
So I have emailed back Marilyn and she has put my C.V. through for this job...and then I get another email back saying that I MAY get a phone call from Korea for a phone interview - this doesn't make this waiting any better! Especially if at any moment I am expected to answer a phone call and talk through a 30 minute interview - I am worried that I'll get a call at work and because I am the only one who works there I will have to either be on the phone when customers are there or ask if the interviewer can call me back (which could be seen as rude.)
Ugh lame!
But I shouldn't get my hopes up for this specific job - in Korea land my amazing shiny Polytechnic degree is not seen as amazing and shiny. Maybe slightly retarded and less educated - kind of like my passport photo which was taken when I was 16.

3 comments:

Stuart Harwood said...

what a fox!

Jenna said...

you are

Anthony said...

jesus dude, that passport photo is an utter classic!