Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ranty Forums

When I went to see World English Service, Marilyn warned me not to read forums or not to let them put me off teaching English.
I actually read them all the time and I find them funny - sometimes a post will worry me but then I think that all the people that are having a good time in Korea are too busy having a good time to post on forums and the ranty people are just holed up in their apartments being bitter on the internet.
This was on a forum I found today...

TEACHING ENGLISH HAS
 THE POTENTIAL OF BEING A VERY DANGEROUS AND MUNDANE PROFESSION!!! IT CAN DAMAGE YOUR HEALTH AND DESTROY YOUR WORK ETHIC!!! IT CAN SUCK YOU IN FOR YEARS!!!IT CAN TURN YOU INTO AN
 ALCOHOLIC DEGENERATE!!! YOUR REALITY MAY POSSIBLY BE SPUN INTO THAT OF LIVING IN CANDY LAND!!! YOU MAY BECOME A LIAR OR A THIEF!!!YOU MAY BE LIED TOO!!!YOU MAY
 CONTRACT AN STD!!!YOU MAY BE INVOLVED IN A VIOLENT ALTERCATION!!!YOU MAY LIVE IN A PLACE YOU CALL ''THE BOMB SHELTER!!! YOU MAY COMMIT DEFENESTRATION!!! 
OTHER SIDE EFFECTS
 INCLUDE:DELUSION,HYSTERIA,MILD TO EXTREME DEPRESSION 
BE AWARE!!!


man! so many capital letters and exclamation marks - This person needs to leave! haha!

Well, after a few weeks I have heard from Think Outside (Korean Recruiters) again and they are going to set up a second interview. This could possibly mean two things:
1. This school (GEC, Incheon) is shit and no one wants to teach there and so they have no choice but to wait until I arrive in October.
2. Me and my Polytechnic degree are sooo awesome that they couldn't do anything but wait for me to arrive in October.

Whatever happens I can soon indulge in person with some of my favourite Korean artists Young-Hae Chang Heavy Industries. Here is a still from their work Cunnilingus in North Korea.


2 comments:

Leilana said...

Thanks for warning me JenJen!

xo

Jenna said...

Well, I thought it would be good for us to know.

Did you know that DEFENESTRATION means the act of throwing someone or something out a window.
For this ranter to know this word - I am impressed.