I am currently writing the most bizarre C.V. for a teaching job in Korea. This C.V. is mostly based on appearance and I am guessing my 8 years working in the Selwyn College kitchen does not mean shiz as it is considered "low status".
Here are the hilarious guidelines I have been given for my photo in which I should look colourful and vibrant:
- Wearing a black leather jacket was seen as a gangster and not trustworthy.
- Ladies with low cut dresses or evening party wear are seen as models or party girls and less than professional.
- A lady with what we would consider as modern short spiked hair was seen as very untidy.
- A man with a bow tie on was seen as a low status restaurant waiter, therefore not professional.
- Any man with a shaven head is viewed as bald and we are asked if he can grow hair?